Boulder County services affected by impending snowstorm
Unsafe conditions, high snow totals expected during the storm
Boulder County, Colo. - Due to the impending storm, several Boulder County locations and services will be closed for the safety of the public and staff. Keep in mind that state officials are asking everyone to please stay off the roads this weekend so that plows can do their work. Stock up now, stay home, and stay safe!
Community Services/Homeless Shelters
Boulder County shelters are planning for the snowstorm event for individuals experiencing homelessness:
- Boulder Shelter for the Homeless (BSH) - BSH provides individuals access to shelter services. In the event Boulder County's Emergency Operations Center is activated due to the snowstorm, BSH will follow extreme weather protocols, provide day sheltering, and determine additional capacity needs for overnight shelter. (303) 442-4646
- HOPE Longmont - HOPE Longmont provides individuals access to shelter services. In the event of extreme weather conditions, HOPE will provide both day and emergency sheltering. (720) 494-4673
- Mother House - Mother House provides sheltering services to women, transgender, nonbinary, and families. Mother House will continue to operate as normal, open for services each night (7 p.m. to 7 a.m.). In the event of extreme weather, Mother House will offer extended hours. (303) 447-9602
- SPAN - SPAN provides sheltering services for individuals and families fleeing from domestic violence. SPAN is operating as normal and continues to screen individuals over the phone. (303) 444-2424
- Safe Shelter - Safe Shelter provides sheltering services for individuals and families fleeing from domestic violence. Safe Shelter is operating as normal and continues to screen individuals over the phone. (303) 772-0432
- TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes) The Source - The Source provides sheltering services for youth up to age 20. (303) 447-1207
Health and Human Services may be impacted by:
- Snow removal and delayed response to Boulder Housing Authority-managed resident emergencies.
- Boulder County continues to provide child and adult protection services 24 hours a day. Please call our Child and Adult Protection screening line at 303-441-1309 if you have concerns about a child's safety or well-being, and if you witness a child in a life-threatening situation call 911 immediately.
Parks and Open Space
Please keep in mind that open space trailhead parking lots may be blocked by snow, unplowed, and/or closed to vehicles if we get heavy snow. Best to wait until we can clear the lots early next week--even SUVs can get stuck in deep snow!
- The Hazardous Materials Management Facility in Boulder will be closed Saturday and Sunday.
- The Nederland and Allenspark Transfer Stations will be closed on Saturday. Since the transfer stations are also open on Sunday, opening is contingent on the storm, but they could be closed as well.
Due to weather, the free testing sites at the Boulder County Fairgrounds and Stazio ball fields will also be closed for testing on Saturday and Sunday, March 13-14. Depending on snowfall, testing at these sites may have a delayed start on Monday, March 15. The drive-through testing in Lyons and Nederland will also be closed on Thursday, March 11 and Friday, March 12. For the most updated information, visit www.boco.org/COVIDTesting.
Boulder Office of Emergency Management is actively monitoring the impending storm
The Boulder OEM is actively monitoring weather conditions and impacts and will be in a ready position to support emergencies that arise on account of the winter storm. Please sign up for http://www.BOCO911alert.com and/or check the OEM Facebook page for updates. Stay on top of forecasts from the National Weather Service (Boulder).
Start dateMarch 13, 2021 10:00 pmEnd dateMarch 14, 2021 11:00 pmCalendarHome Page, Office ClosuresGoogle Calendar
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.