Boulder County Transportation will begin a project to reconstruct and widen North 95th Street between Lookout and Plateau roads in early May. Work is anticipated to last into the fall/winter of this year. The project will require daytime, weekday lane reductions and shifts. Traffic control personnel will be used to help travelers safely navigate the work zone. Working hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition to North 95th Street, the Transportation Department will resurface three other roads and complete quiet zone railroad crossings in Niwot this summer, including:
- Niwot Road resurfacing between SH 119/Diagonal and Walker Drive – starting later this summer
- Neva Road resurfacing between Franklin and North 83rd streets – starting later this summer
- Burgundy Drive resurfacing north of Niwot Road – starting later this summer
- Railroad crossing on Monarch Road at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in May and will require a hard-closure of Monarch Road for two weeks at the crossing location
- Railroad crossing on Niwot Road at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in May
- Railroad crossing on 2nd Avenue at SH 119 – anticipated to begin in June
The public is invited to learn about all of these efforts at an open house:
Niwot Area Road Construction Open House
Wednesday, April 24
4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Rocky Mountain Christian Church
9447 Niwot Road at the intersection of Niwot Road and 95th Street
Use the main church entrance on the 95th Street side
Additional railroad quiet zone crossing work will also be completed at locations along SH 119 this summer. Learn more on the county’s quiet zone crossing webpage.
More information on the 95th Street (Lookout to Plateau) Reconstruction Project can be found on the project webpage.
Start dateApril 24, 2019 4:30 pmEnd dateApril 24, 2019 6:30 pmCalendarHome Page, Public WorksGoogle Calendar
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.