The Boulder County Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) Coalition is a group of community members and organizations dedicated to improving healthy eating and active living opportunities for children in Boulder County.
The purpose of the Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) Coalition is to collectively align existing and new interventions related to healthy eating, active living, and healthy weight to prevent obesity and improve the health of children 0-18 in Boulder County, with a focus on early childhood.
Our team is especially dedicated to improving health among groups that are disproportionately affected by obesity, diabetes, and other diseases associated with the lack of healthy eating and active living opportunities. One alarming disparity is the impact of diabetes on the Latino/Hispanic community in Boulder County and across the world.
- Increasing breastfeeding duration among mothers and infants in Boulder County
- Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption and healthy food access among young children and their families in Boulder County
- Increasing physical activity and active transportation among young children and their families in Boulder County
- Reducing sugary drink consumption among young children and their families in Boulder County
- Join the team and be a part of a movement. Contact us for more information.
- Provide the team with input about implementing strategies from lessons learned in your agency or your experience.
- Implement a strategy in collaboration with us, such as a messaging campaign.
- Provide resources (funding, communication channels, etc.) to support HEAL strategies.
Healthy Eating Active Living Team Partners
- Colorado State University Extension
- Early Childhood Council of Boulder County
- Boulder County Public Health Women, Infants, and Children Program
- Boulder County Public Health Child Health Promotion Program
- LiveWell Longmont
- Boulder County Public Health HEAL and Built Environment Program
- Boulder Valley School District
- Clinica Family Health Services
- Boulder County Public Health GENESIS/GENESISTER Program
- Community Food Share
- Boulder Food Rescue
- Boulder County Breastfeeding Coalition
- City of Boulder
- Longmont YMCA
- Dental Aid
- Heart Smart Kids
- St. Vrain Valley Schools
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed)